Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Harry Potter Freewrite
I fucking love Harry Potter. Love affair began at around 8. I got the Sorcerer's Stone for Christmas and instantly my family was hooked. I tried to read the first few chapters when suddenly, look at that, my mom stole the book and began reading it to my entire family. HP 1-3 were a piece of cake since we started the series once the 3rd one had already come out. Then the waiting game began. HP 4 was long awaited and it was a bit of a shit show once people got their hands on it. And thus began the HP phenomenon. The rest were the exact same way. Around #4 my oldest brother stopped listening for (obviously) no good reason. #5-7 were an over-the-top waiting experience as #4 was. The movies have a similar tone. Loved 103 and stopped going to the theater to see 5-7(#1), not sure why. Went out with a bang and saw HP7(#2) in the theater after a marathon of HP 1-7#1 in the evening before. And it was in 3D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Harry Potter, but I am pretty sure you love HP more than I do. I think it is great that your family sat around to listen to the stories together. However, I was always the one to be excited when the movies came out. I only saw Harry Potter in theaters for the last movie. It was hard to think that I grew up with this movie/book series and it was now over. A very bittersweet moment. Anyways, I am glad you love Harry Potter!
ReplyDeleteWow, I absolutely love this post. You seem pretty in love with Harry Potter and maybe I shouldn't tell you that I've never seen them all.... I've only seen the first one. Such a great post!
ReplyDelete