One vital
scene of the film MILK would be the
last scene of the movie, after Harvey Milk’s death but before any formal
condolences took place. You see thousands and thousands of people walking the
streets of San Francisco, holding candles and having a vigil for the murdered
politician. This is a very powerful scene. Throughout the movie you get the
feeling that Harvey Milk was an incredibly important part of San Francisco, for
the gay community and just historically.
Harvey
Milk was an incredibly important figure in the fight for equal rights for LGBT
Americans. As the first openly gay politician elected to office, he had a lot
of misconceptions and also high expectations. This scene is so powerful because
as a view of the film, you’re very convinced Milk was a great politician and
you feel how the director and writer wants you to feel – but for the first time
you see in numbers how important this figure was and how many people he
positive effected.
The
letters on the screen, telling the vast number of participants of the vigil
combined with real life footage of Harvey Milk, make the last scene both
memorable and powerful. It was a great ending to a great movie.
I really enjoyed reading your blog post about the movie Milk. I have not seen this movie yet, but I am interested in watching this movie now. From what you have written, I feel it must have an important impact on the gay community. I liked how you described the scene that you wrote about and how you connected everything together. Harvey Milk, as you described him, seems to be a great guy who wanted to fight for equal rights. I will have to take the time to watch this movie now. Again, I really enjoyed your post.
ReplyDelete